It's nice to be writing again. I've been going through saved drafts of blogs I'd half written over the course of the past several months. Here's a bit of poetry I wrote awhile ago...
The first time I saw your face again, it all came flooding back
To be that young again. Innocent. Kind. Naive.
Childish giggly laughter filled the room as us girls watched you walk
Flirtatious whispers, planned on how to grab your attention
Gazes meeting across the circle of teenagers, swimming in an adolescent crush
Sitting next to you on the bus, my hand brushing yours softly
Maybe I'll get to be on your team, an exercise of trust
By the weekend's end, numbers exchanged, promises made
Group dates planned; pizza and a movie and butterfly kisses, soon lead to boyfriend-girlfriend status-hours on the phone
Falling a sleep clutching the pillow with your cologne clinging scent...dreaming deeply into my senses
For one moment in time I felt secure in myself, feeling like the woman I was becoming
A sense of hope faltered as we went our separate ways
Years ahead, unexpectedly a return from the past, buried so deeply as painful memories stay
Avoidance at its best as offers of meeting up met by excuses
Time passes and you're still where you were when you left
Nervous energy flickers through my stomach as I see your face with the eyes of a much younger woman...
"It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire lifetime to forget them"
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment