I have accomplished very little today. My big errand of the day was to my new favorite place, COSTCO. While I realize it's been around for awhile, its particular location near my home is inconvenient, so I have avoided going...until now.
I'm going through one of my food phases...and this month it happens to be chicken...rotisserie chicken that is. If you haven't had the chance to try it, I highly recommend you find your nearest Costco and check it out. It's fabulously delicious, especially when paired with their ever-so-delicious spinach salad. I haven't had much time to hone my cooking skills as of late, so anything relatively healthy, convenient, and easy is the name of the game. At this rate, if I go there once a week, I'll never have to cook again!
I spent a good hour perusing the aisles today and spent a ridiculous amount of money on an oldy-but-goody drink... Zip Fizz. With few calories and zero sugar, it's officially my new favorite beverage. I've been taking steroids for my rheumatoid arthritis the past few weeks, and it's not allowing me to tolerate sugar very well...in fact, everytime I have something sugary, my vision gets blurry. No sugar it is!
Monday, I'll be heading to a new doctor for an RA evaluation. I've been feeling physically less achy since I've been on the prednisone, but I'm sure the second I'm off it, I'll be back where I started. I'm growing tired of the achy-hokey-pokey. No fun at all. Sometimes I feel like I'm 64 instead of 34. I'd really like to be able to go back to the gym someday, get a restful night of sleep (which hasn't happened in months), and feel relatively normal. It's amazing how if your physical health is poor, your state-of-mind follows suit. I'd love to figure out some type of relaxation technique (one that actually works), so I can take some of my stress out of the equation.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment