My new pup Jake, is quite the cuddler. It's exactly what I need right now. Last night, he crawled into bed with me, put his furry face and body right alongside mine, and conked out. I've never had a dog that jumps into your lap and puts his paws around your neck like he's giving you a hug.
Whomever owned him before, must be missing him something terrible. To be able to share such a pure and innocent expression of love is something that human beings often have a difficult time in executing.
He's not very good at tricks, however, I finally taught him how to sit for a treat. It's like working with a child; you have to keep commanding over and over until they get it right. Charlie my other dog, has taken to him like a duck in water. Like two peas in a pod, they spend their days wrestling and frolicking while providing tons of kisses to one another. It's about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I haven't seen Charlie this perky and happy-go-lucky in a very long time.
The main reason I adopted another dog was to be able to provide a level of companionship to Charlie that he has been lacking from human ownership. I think we all want to have that connection with another, and fortunately I do believe I've given him exactly what he needed. We all want to feel like we're loved and cherished, and by the look on Charlie's big puppy dog face, it's clear he's found what he's been looking for.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment