Today was a very productive Friday. At this point I have so many things to do, if I don't start knocking out the big stuff first, I'll get overloaded with the small tasks. I'm proud of myself... finished a big presentation and turned it in four days early.
Monday I'll be making the long trek to Wisconsin to go to our trade show company in an effort to assist one of our sister companies.
I suppose things could be worse. I'm trying my very best to stay focused on the here and now... do what I need to with as positive an attitude as humanly possible. Warm weather would be a god-send right now... exactly what I need to push onward and upward.
As exciting as it sounds, this weekend is for homework. I need to spend some time writing my journal assignments, and start reading at least one of two required books. At the beginning of the semester I had planned on taking two courses, but decided against it because of the changing of the guard at work. While I was initially disappointed, it was a blessing in disguise. I don't think I'd have my sanity at the end of spring if I'd attempted both classes.
My new approach... drowning out all of the stuff that is making me dreadfully sad right now. Work and school should do the trick. If I don't think, then I don't have to feel...and if I don't feel, then I don't have to hurt. Simple enough, right? We'll see how long I can stonewall myself. I've never been very good at multi-tasking emotions...but I can sure put on a convincing show.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment