Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Laying Down The Law

In October 2007 I was involved in a car accident. This girl was late for work and made a left-hand turn in a construction zone - mind you, into my car. Why am I bringing it up now? Well let's see... it's still being hashed out. I just returned from the deposition, paid $31.00 to park my car in the city for less than two hours... won the judgment...yet it's still not settled.

She admitted that she hit me, that she was late for work, and that she apparently didn't have enough time to make the turn (oh and that she had been waiting for nearly 10 minutes to make the turn)... yet for some reason, in all likelihood, her crappy insurance company will not settle. I am serious. They do not want to offer me anything. It was her fault and she ADMITTED to it!!!!

I was driving in the far right lane and couldn't have avoided the accident if I wanted to, yet the insurance company feels I shouldn't receive anything for it. Why? Because I went to a chiropractor instead of a "regular" doctor...because I didn't take an ambulance from the scene or go and see a specialist. RIDICULOUS. Here I am, trying to be an honest and decent human being and this whole BS case is likely going to get dragged to trial and could last for years and years. Silliness at its best.

I really think they expect me to just give up... it's all a big game to them. Little did they know that this is all about the "principle" of the situation; the aggravation; the pure annoyance she has caused me...

What's even weirder... my attorney (a friend of a friend) went to high school and knew a very close friend of mine who passed away when she was 16 from cancer. He said it was his first brush with death. It's a small world, my world.

No comments: