Sunday, March 16, 2008

Nervous Energy

Tomorrow is D-day...I just made it sound like it's something negative...and it's not. Tomorrow is the first day at my new job and I can hardly wait!

Thursday morning was a little sad. My absolute favorite co-worker came in and brought me a Lucky Bamboo for my new desk, along with a card with a note that means more than I could possibly ever put into words. Actually, for the most part, all of my co-workers were beyond supportive and kind and wished me well in my future endeavors. It's such a wonderful feeling to hear that people think highly of you and your abilities, and for a brief moment, as I hugged the CEO of the company goodbye, I felt a bit of sadness; but as I walked out the door after handing over my key to my replacement, with the sun shining on my face, I knew I'd made the right decision.

Shortly thereafter, I went to my dreaded dental appointment to have my three wisdom teeth yanked. Thank GOD for nitrous and other distractions. Each patient room has a small flat screen angled so you can watch it while looking up in the chair. I for some reason chose the show "Cheaters," probably because it's mindless "entertainment," and I always feel grateful it's not my life!

The extractions went smoothly, and the doctor sent me home with two pain pills and relayed to me that I shouldn't have any pain...um...yeah...WRONG! I was up half the night with a throbbing aching jaw; it was not pleasant. It's been an okay couple of days; after the initial "bad" night, I've just had moderate discomfort. What has been more annoying is the soft-food diet. I've been craving steak, likely because I can't eat it. I never realized how much I use my back teeth to chew!

So today is my last official day of laziness. Hopefully the sun will come out soon, so Tim and I can go out and use my camera. I'd love to have some pictures to post.

1 comment:

katsmeow said...

Well, I hope your new job is going well...I'm sure as I continue to read along, catching up, I'll find out.