I'm still trying to get accustomed to the way in which this particular blog site works, so bear with me if you see bare bones for awhile.
It's been snowing here again. To be perfectly honest, I'm really sick of it. The gloominess for lack of sunshine, frigid temperatures and biting wind, and most of all, the dirty icy sloppy scum that layers the earth. This past winter has reminded me of why I question my reasoning behind living in Illinois.
Fortunately there was a momentary break in the blah-ness of winter. This afternoon I went shopping with my partner in crime, aka my mother. She's brutally honest, and I'm thankful for it, otherwise who-knows-what kind of ridiculous clothing items I'd walk away with. Unfortunately, she just so happens to have expensive taste similar to my own, so it's rare when I leave without spending a small fortune. Today was no different.
To celebrate my new career, we stopped in at several of my favorite stores...Banana Republic and Ann Taylor The Loft. Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed...so much so, I practically fainted when the cashier gave me my total at The Loft.
Have you noticed how fashion trends are returning to the early 80s? There were so many gawd awful blouses in almost every store...ones with the high collared bow thing-a-majig... Sorry if you like that kind of thing, but personally I think it should have stayed in the era it originally came from.
I picked up half a dozen skirts, and another half dozen shirts, and tank tops, and a jacket...and several sweaters...and oh yeah...a dress...and perhaps three or four blouses...and tights...okay...so I definitely went a little overboard. For anyone who knows me well...shopping centers equal mecca to me. I don't go in unless I can bring something out. Since I spent so much money today, shoes will have to wait until next week!
Generally speaking, I buy my bras and thongs at Victoria's Secret...however, after today's experience, I am beginning to think I need to find another place to go. There were literally 50 people in line, with only three cashiers and the particular line I stepped into, happened to have the slowest woman on the face of the planet at its helm. I also can't forget to mention that she was unsmiling and seemingly bitter, due to the decision she made to come in today. It's a little bit aggravating to have a lack of good customer service when you spend $45 per bra. You would think that with all of the money they make (on markup alone) they'd add a few extra staff members on a busy day. While I was in Express (it was the same experience there too, only with nicer people), the man who waited on me told me that every year the company cuts the amount of staff they allow to work on any given day. Essentially, the customer has to pay higher prices, and ultimately suffers so that someone can make an extra dollar...or millions more. It irks me, considering the fact that I've been involved in a variety of levels in the service industry for the majority of my adult life. It's unfortunate, and I only expect it will continue to get worse as the economy continues on its current downward spiral.
All in all it was a good day. I'm working really hard on trying not to let the little things in life bother me. So far, it's not going too well. Tomorrow is another day. Let's hope the sun is shining and I feel like being productive. Hopefully I'll make it to the gym and finally use my camera (of course not while in the gym...that would be kinda creepy)!
Eight more days until my new adventure begins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Kath! I'm on blogger, too...don't know if you remembered. It's where I usually post my real stuff. My deeper feelings that I don't really like to expose on something as superficial as myspace because of the lack of annonymity. Here's my link http://fairysassistant.blogspot.com/
As for shopping...you and I have very different philosophies. I'm a get-in-get-what-you-need-and-run kinda girl. My only real clothing fetish is sexy undergarments...mostly purchased at Victoria's Secret. Fortunately, I don't usually have your sales clerk issues. Their usually pretty competent and expedient down here. So you're welcome to move to FL if you'd like! :-) The shopping would be good.
Hey Kathey ~ Glad to see you've become a Blogger Babe too!
Melanie
Post a Comment