Monday, March 17, 2008

The Luck of The Irish

Although I didn't wear green in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day today (I figure I'm already Irish enough), it definitely was a lucky day.

Things went well as first days go. There was a lot of meet and greets, volumes upon volumes of reading material, and generally a lot of time spent getting acquainted with my new surroundings. I have a HUGE cubicle...I really lucked out since the lady who last held my position had been with the company for almost 25 years. It's bigger than everyone elses!! It's nice to have my own space to decorate as I wish. I've already packed my car with a bunch of fun stuff, including a nice candy bowl to fill with Mike N Ikes. I've learned the best way to get people to come to you is to ply them with candy!

My new hours are 8-5, and I learned that we'll be having summer hours, which means I'll have at least four Fridays off with pay! My first major project is to put together a tradeshow, and it will involve heading to New Orleans for a solid week. I'm excited, as I haven't been there since I was 20. If I have any spare time, I think I might just look up one of my friends who lives about 2 hours away.

If today was any indication of what the future holds, I'm positive I made the right decision in accepting this position. There is a tremendous amount of team work involved and it's evident I'm on a great one!

It's amazing how life can turn the corner if you focus all of your energy in a positive direction.

1 comment:

katsmeow said...

I like positive Kathey...it's always so much less stressful to focus on the good, anyway.