Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Were They Thinking?

Ok...seriously, what in the h to the double hockey sticks was Louis Caldera and the White House Military Office thinking when they decided it was a good idea to fly Air Force One and fighter jets near the site of the World Trade Center? Not only did it cause an immense amount of panic and stress to those on the ground, but according to the Air Force it cost a whopping $328,000 and change!

Does anyone other than the people who authorized this ridiculous photo shoot think this was a good idea? I think not. In a time where we are in a national...international economic crisis, who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to spend that kind of money... and for what? Who the heck cares about whether or not we have nice photos of our military planes near national landmarks. I for one do not. I can think about a lot of other ways our tax dollars should and could be spent.

Now I'm sure there are going to be a barrage of idiots who are somehow going to blame President Obama for this one. I firmly believe he did not know, and had he been made aware, would not have given his authorization or approval.

There isn't one person who was alive on this earth on September 11th, that will ever be okay with what happened that day. No one will ever forget the terrible nightmare that occurred. Here we are almost eight years later, and I still feel like it was yesterday. If I feel this way, then I can only imagine how those who were running for their lives on the ground felt. Plain and simple...they probably thought they were going to die.

I'm all for whomever conjured up this concept to start writing their letter of resignation. It was totally unacceptable.

No comments: