Where to begin? This week was stressful. Lots of changes at work...I'll leave it at that...as you never know who is reading what you're putting out there. Fortunately for me, I still have a job...for that I am relieved and thankful.
I'm beyond exhausted...actually I think I passed the over-tired point several days ago. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in weeks.
I thought it was finally going to be a restful night last night, however, all that changed around 4:30 this morning. I got up, or at least tried to get up to use the facilities, and I'm not quite sure what happened. Jake the Snake, my new dog was apparently sleeping on the floor nearby and I didn't see him. I wound up flying into the bathroom in my bedroom, falling on my knees and scraping both, as well as my left middle knuckle (which is swollen and very bruised), and broke my inevitable fall with my face. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like I broke my nose (which is a blessing since I had a deviated septum repaired several years ago and I definitely don't want to repeat the surgery!!!!!) but it hurts like you wouldn't believe.
Of all the dumb luck. So needless to say, I didn't wake up feeling refreshed...in fact, just the opposite.
Sleep...I beg of you...please visit me soon! I need you...your warmth, your soothing, calming ways. Come to me oh dear one...whom I miss so very much!
When I was a kid, I had two nicknames..."Big Foot" and "Klutzy Kathey." Apparently both have followed me into adulthood. Even when I try to be graceful, I manage to hurt myself. I am so tired that I tripped over my own feet numerous times today. WTF? I guess my lifelong dream of becoming a ballerina isn't going to come to fruition (my cankles and big calves don't help either, lol!!).
Tonight is going to be an early night for me. Tomorrow I'm going to get my hair did...I'm actually going curly and getting a perm...no... I am not channeling the '80s. It's going to make my life a lot easier if I can put a little product in my hair in the morning and walk out the door. Something about curly hair is sexy...and I could use a little self-esteem boost right about now.
Something I've discovered over the past year...not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I'm coming into my own in my mid-er-30s. For the most part, I feel much more comfortable in my own skin...like my curves...love my waist and twins, and have even accepted I have hips. I of course have many flaws I wish I didn't...not too fond of my legs...for I cannot wear cute fashionable high boots because my calves are too large...but overall I can't complain.
I have been feeling pretty sassy with a capital "S" lately. Personally sassiness equals sexiness. I never thought I'd get to where I'd say something so bold about myself. I've always been extremely self-conscious. I have to admit, it feels kind of nice to feel relatively good about myself.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment