Friday, April 10, 2009

A Little Degeneration Never Hurt Anyone...

Today was nice. I had the day off of work and just relaxed...bought a new webcam and signed up for Skype. It's pretty cool, and I'm hoping some of my friends will join so we can video chat! ***

In other news, my rheumatologist's nurse called to tell me that my x-rays show I have degenerative joint disease...woo hoo! I'm not sure what it all means. Do I have rheumatoid arthritis? Do I have osteoarthritis? Do I have both? Regardless of the "diagnosis" (going along with my blood work that showed I'm positive for the Rheumatoid factor) I'm very relieved that someone has finally done the right test and shown that something is in fact wrong.

I had been starting to truly believe that I was a hypochondriac...that all of the joint and muscle pain and creaky bones were a figment of my imagination. I've been to some really crappy doctors who were extremely dismissive and made me feel like I shouldn't be discussing what ails me with them, which in turn made me put off getting evaluated for far too long.

So what's next? I can't get an evening appointment for follow up until the end of the month, and I'll just have to wait it out. At my last appointment, the doctor put me on prednisone and it's helping a little bit. I'm definitely still having a lot of problems in my hip and thigh and jaw and and and....so I'm guessing I'll likely be put on something else as well. Oh well... it could be worse, and it definitely is for a lot of other people. The validation is nice. I'm not crazy about the doctor or her nurse (both are as monotone as the teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off)...we'll see. It's a start....I just know that I really don't want to be in pain and discomfort all of the time. It's starting to really affect my mood.
****
SONG OF THE DAY-- love the lyrics and meaning behind this song...

"Untouched"

I go ooh ooh, you go ah ahlalalalalalalala
I can't lie lie lie lie lie lie
I wanna wanna wanna get get get what I want
Don't stop Give me give me give me what you got got
Cause I can't wait wait wait any more more more more
Don't even talk about the consequence
Cause right now you're the only thing that's making any sense to me
And I don't give a damn what they say, what they think think
Cause you're the only one who's on my mind
I'll never ever let you leave me
I'll try to stop time for ever, never wanna hear you say goodbye (bye bye bye)

I feel so untouched
And I want you so much
That I just can't resist you
It's not enough to say that I miss you
I feel so untouched right now
Need you so much somehow
I can't forget you
Been going crazy from the moment I met you
Untouched

And I need you so much
See you, breathe you, I want to be you
Alalalala alalalala You can take take take take take time time
To live live the way you gotta gotta live your life
Give me give me give me all of you you
Don't be scared
I'll see you through the loneliness of one more more more
Don't even think about what's right or wrong, wrong or right'
Cause in the end it's only you and me and no one else is gonna be around
To answer all the questions left behind

And you and I are meant to be so even if the world falls down today
You've still got me to hold you up up
And I will never let you down (down)I feel so untouched

And I want you so much
That I just can't resist you
It's not enough to say that I miss you
I feel so untouched right now
Need you so much somehow
I can't forget you
Been going crazy from the moment I met you
Untouched, untouched, untouched, untouched, untouchedAlalalala alalalalaUntouchedAlalalala alalalala

I feel so untouched
And I want you so much
That I just can't resist you
It's not enough to say that I miss you
I feel so untouched right now
Need you so much somehowI can't forget you
Been going crazy from the moment I met you

I feel so untouched
And I want you so much
That I just can't resist you
It's not enough to say that I miss you
I feel so untouched right now
Need you so much somehow
I can't forget you
Been going crazy from the moment I met you
Untouched, untouched, untouched

No comments: