Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making A List And Checking It Twice

Just eight more days and I'll be in the land of 10,000 lakes! Woo hoo! I miss it so much...so much so that it's often hard for me to return to Illinois. I miss the rolling hills, and lakes, and wildlife, and the slowness (as compared to the Chicagoland area) of its pace. My friends of course are a key reason why my ties still remain so strong. It's where I grew up...fell in love for the first time, and and had my heartbroken more than once. Minnesota reminds me of my (fading fast) youth.
***
I've decided my return-from-Minnesota blog is going to have lots and lots of pictures in it. I've been breaking in my TOTALLY AWESOME camera over the past several months, and I can only imagine what wonderful moments I'll capture on film while I'm there.
***

I'll be 34 in exactly 43 days, but who's counting? I'm not one for birthdays (just for my own, I like celebrating everyone elses)...in fact, every July I get in a funkity-funk and feel like the whole world is crashing down. How odd is that? It began when I was 22...maybe 25. I've always said the only thing you have to look forward to after 21, is having your car insurance rates drop at 25...and than you just get older. Maybe I'll just remain 34 for all of eternity...now if I could just let my body know it. Since hitting about 25, my body has become a creaky mess. My hip pops when I go from a sit to stand position...my calves ache...my shoulder aches...I just ache in general! Okay...so things could definitely be worse and it has been...I'll stop whining now!
***

I'm crowning 2008 the year of "Reconnections." This past year has been a whirlwind of old faces...and it's been nice. Only a few have stirred up emotions that probably should have stayed in the past. Nonetheless, I've put to bed some negativity as a result of all of my old and new friendships. It puts a smile on my face whenever I think about seeing some people that I never thought I'd EVER see again... The past is the past, and sometimes should be left in the past, but it can also bring positive things for the future.
***

Life is all that you make it. I haven't been dealt a raw deal. My life is better than most and I should be grateful, even when I'm mad, angry, or sad or all of the above. I have to remember to stop and smell the roses, be thankful for all that I have and all of the wonderful and meaningful relationships in my life. Note to self...STOP FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF.
***

Adios for now...

No comments: