Thursday, June 5, 2008

Home

We're halfway through 2008 and suddenly it dawned on me.
This is my year.
It's been all about major changes.
Reconnections.
My past providing me with a present for my future.
I'm currently reading a book authored by Jill A. Davis, a former writer for The David Letterman show. The book, Ask Again Later, is about a woman searching for herself.
Davis writes, While you can't leave it behind, you can look at the events of your past from a new point of view. Turn them around. See all the angles. Consider it your second chance. Second chances do come your way. Like trains, they arrive and depart regularly. Recognizing the ones that matter is the trick.
She was able to eloquently summarize what kind of life I'm currently living. I'm in a world filled with second chances, and I'm loving almost every minute of it.
For a very long time I was terrified of facing my past, for it at times was filled with drama and pain and sadness. It's often easy to forget all of the triumphs and successes, rather much easier to focus on all of the failures and mistakes.
Trapped. Stuck. Lost. Thank God I'm done.
Instead I've decided to take every piece of the puzzle and put it back together. Remembering who I used to be, and taking some of the good parts and returning it to its rightful place. I'm actually happy, partly due to a few things I'm not yet ready to put on paper in such a public place. It's been a very long time since I've felt like this...and even though part of me has accepted that not all of it is necessarily going to work out in my favor...I'm enjoying the here and now. It's FANTASTIC!!!
**
Sleep has been escaping me for the past few weeks. I've been going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny; taking in everything that surrounds me; trying to be the best person I can be.
I'm a little afraid I'm soon going to be running on empty. We started summer hours at work this week which means I have tomorrow off. For once in months, I'm not setting my alarm.
It sure feels good to be taking care of me.

No comments: