Last week, I reconnected with an old friend, one I haven't seen or spoken to in 13 years. It felt as though no time had passed. We were chatting away like we used to, only now we're older. He has two boys, and it sounds like he's an amazing dad.
Fast forward to tonight. I get a phone call from my best friend Gab. She's calling me from a wedding. After knowing her for almost 16 years, I sense from her tone that she has a story to tell.
"Kath! You are NEVER going to believe who I just ran into!!!"
"Who? Where are you?" I reply.
"I'm at Stephanie's brother's wedding and it's at this country club. So I'm standing in the hallway and this group of guys walks by me. I suddenly realize that one of them is...TROY!"
"NO WAY!!!!!" I squeal.
The person she ran into, just so happens to be the person I JUST reconnected with. He's the chef at the country club she's at for the wedding. ODD. Troy sent me some recent pictures of himself, along with the boys, and some other family members...and I had forwarded the photos to her. She said she would have never have recognized him, had she not seen the photos beforehand.
I met Troy because of Gabby. She probably hasn't seen him in 15 years. Talk about timing. Who would have thought that she'd see him just after I'd spoken to him. Another friend of mine emailed me the other day, and mentioned that she too had thought of him as she was driving by the hotel he used to work at...the hotel he and Gabby worked at together.
This is the 10th person from my past that I've reconnected with since the beginning of the year. I don't even know how to put into words how much the past six months have changed my life. I've always been a firm believer that when you're truly at peace with yourself (well at least for the most part), good things will begin to happen. Well it's certainly true for me. My life is coming full circle. All those that I've ever truly cared about...have returned to me in one way or another.
Friendship is at the top of my importance list. It seems I'm able to be a better friend, now that I'm being one to myself. Maybe that's why it's taken some time for some of these important relationships to come back to me. It's all about timing.
At the end of July, I'll be heading up to Minnesota...and I'm beyond excited. I've made plans to see many friends...several of which I haven't seen in a very long time. I wonder if they'll notice the change in me.
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment