Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Friendship

Tonight, I had an amazingly fun conversation with a friend of mine. We have known each other since we were 15 or so, and I just absolutely adore her. There was quite a long period of time where we were out of touch, and by chance and I believe fate, we reconnected on MySpace.

She's a lot like me, only maybe just a slight bit kinder...maybe it's that she's a bit more censored than I, or I could be wrong altogether...maybe we're more alike than I realized, especially after our discussion this evening. Nevertheless, she's one of the good people I've known for a very long time and I value our relationship. We don't see each other that much (okay...not much at all), however, the quality of our friendship supercedes the actual physical time we have had over the past 15+ years.

She makes me laugh; and think; and feel better about myself. Whenever I have a doubt in my mind about my potential actions or self-doubt, I know I can call her and she will set the record straight.

Honesty. It's an admirable trait in any friendship...and with ours, it's always been unfiltered. I appreciate it....probably more than she realizes. I know if I ever need anything, I can call her and tell her the truth and she will share her opinion, no matter if it necessarily jives with mine.

What a wonderful world it is....at least it is for me. I have been truly blessed with a wonderful group of people in my life...from so many different parts. Who would have thought that a friendship from so long ago would be counted as one of my closest. It's great to have people in your life who "get" you. Know where you have been...and still love you all the same.

Thank you to all of you who have always supported me.
Thank you for all of the laughter...and joy you've brought to my life.
Thank you for being you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay you forced me to comment- YOU WIN! LOL ;) Backatcha baby!! I was on a friendship high all last night. I really needed it. Thank you so much for listening, laughing and making fun of ourselves all the way through this twisty path in life! I guess we were never ever really that far apart :)I am very thankful to be reconnected with you as well. Hugs!! Jo

katsmeow said...

These relationships are the best. I had a similar experience with my best friend from High School. She now lives in Maine...but it doesn't matter how much time passes or how long it's been since we've seen each other...it's like we've never been apart. And we can always count on eachother for brutal honesty and insight. Oddly enough, she, too, called me a few days ago. She wanted to tell me that she hadn't fallen off the map...and that in a few weeks she'll be graduating from nursing school.