This is probably the longest I've gone without writing anything, other than for work. Lately it seems like I'm to the point where I'm so busy, I have little brain power left for anything else other than what's on my work agenda. I'm not complaining by any means; I'd much rather be crazy-busy, than left staring at the clock, hoping and waiting to leave for the day.
For the first time in my life, I actually feel like I belong somewhere. I've always viewed my worklife as a means to get a paycheck in order to pay the bills. I'm no longer in that position. Now I go to work to gain knowledge, to grow, and to enjoy myself.
I've never been a morning person, yet I find myself waking up every morning with a smile on my face, eager to get in my car and drive to my new workplace. I'm enjoying the challenges...the helter-skelter and frenetic energy I find myself surrounded by.
Finally BALANCE. Finally some peace of mind. The respect I deserve. FINALLY!!
In other cool news...part of my new gig is handling a major tradeshow in New Orleans at the end of June. A friend of mine from long ago, grew up there, but currently lives in Baltimore. When I found out I'd be there for nine days, I sent him an email to see if he'd be willing to take his annual summer vacation while I'd be in town. He booked his flights today!!! I can hardly wait to see him. It's been a long time in the making...12 years!
Life isn't perfect, but it's surely getting better every day. I'm a lucky woman!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so happy for you. It sounds like things are finally starting to go your way. I miss talking to you, lady!
Post a Comment