And another one bites the dust.. It's official...I'm 34 today. For those of you who know me...or at least those I've shared this with... I'm a freak about my birthday. I have never enjoyed getting older...but I suppose it's inevitable, and it's definitely better than not being here at all.
I guess it's time to embrace the fact that I'm not going to get any younger chronologically speaking, however, I suppose age is all in your mind...to some extent.
It's been a nice birthday week. It was amazing to spend some quality time with my girl Gab, and to see Janna (it's only been 13 years since we last met up after all). One of my bosses took me out to lunch on Wednesday, and another co-worker took me out today. On Saturday, I'm going to an art fair with my mom, followed by lunch, and joined together with a present (at least she told me I have something waiting...) I LOVE PRESENTS.
But the biggest gift of all this 34th year of my life has been the outpouring of phone calls, text messages, emails, and shout outs on FB from almost every single one of my nearest and dearest. Several people called and left me falsetto renditions of Happy Birthday...hysterical! This has been the sweetest B-day yet from that perspective.
Otherwise, work is busy, and life...well it's life. On my 9.5 hour journey across Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois, I had the support of my friend's navigational expertise. It was definitely more than kind that he took the time to not only chat with me for several hours on and off...but also guided me on my way through the back roads of the country...otherwise, I'd still be out there somewhere in the meadow surrounded by angry cheeseheads.
Now don't take this the wrong way...some of my closest and dearest friends are from the great state of Wisconsin...but when you're driving a car with FIB, er, I mean Illinois plates in an unknown area, they tend to want to drive you off the road. Fortunately, I kept my cool and didn't take the bait...but it was close on several occasions through Lodi and Arlington. I got a lot of "You aren't from around here," looks and it was a little freaky.
But I digress...I think this year's birthday is going to stick with me...When I'm 40 (if I still have my memory by then) I'm definitely going to look back and fondly remember all of the love and support my friends have given me lately. It's nice to know that so many people care and value our friendship as much as I do!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment