Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ask And You Will Receive

You really learn who your true friends and allies are when you're going through challenging times. I am blown away...absolutely grateful for the people in my life. I've been going through an extraordinarily difficult time recently, and I can truthfully say I underestimated the power of friendship...that is...until now.

You never know what you'll receive unless you ask for help from those around you. I've never been one to lean to heavily on most of my friends because I felt like it was taking advantage of our relationship(s). In the past, I've been burned pretty severely by people I trusted and thought were true friends...it makes you hesitant to jump back into the fire. When the going get's tough, people have the tendency to run in the other direction; not my friends...not my true ones that is.

I suppose all of the years of giving hasn't hurt my cause; I've heard numerous times over the past two weeks that I was there for them, and "of course ... it's the least I can do when you've done so much for me." It's a tremendously satisfying feeling to have people on your side who love you unconditionally; who respect you and want to share in your life ... no matter what.

I'm a lucky person. There are a lot of people in this world who don't have friends and family to get their back. I have so many blessings in my life.

No comments: