I cannot possibly explain in words, the way I felt when it was announced that Barack Obama was named President-Elect. While watching the news reach those gathered at the rally in Grant Park, a flood gate of tears opened...and uncontrollable sobbing soon followed. It was unexpected...I hadn't realized my emotional investment until that moment.
Although I realize that one man cannot change the world, hopefully the ideas of many can begin to open the door to different possibilities.
Somewhere along the way, our world took a drastically dangerous turn, and we're all suffering the consequences of greed and hubris. What has transpired over the last eight years has amounted to resounding echoes of discontent and turmoil. Our global economy is failing; wars are ravaging countries, and taking us to a dark place. I don't mean to sound negative, but the reality is right in front of us. Everytime we go to the gas station, pay our ever expanding grocery bills, try to come up with money for our mortgages, and worry about what will happen to our retirement accounts.
Something has got to give, and it certainly has.
Change is exactly what we need. On election day, many of us...over 63-million of us, told our government through our individual votes, that it was time to choose a different way of doing things. Hopefully the other 55-million, will soon realize that whether or not you voted for Senator Barack Obama, as he so eloquently stated in his acceptance speech...he belongs to all of us.
It's time for us all to join together and try to achieve success for our country as a whole. Let's put aside the partisanship, the negativity and mudslinging, and move forward in a positive direction.
There is a lot of work to be done, and it won't be successfully accomplished unless we're willing to make some concessions and work on it together.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment