Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What Will They Say About You?

Have you ever wondered about how people view you, and what they would say at your funeral service?

I know it may sound morbid, however, I'm in a reflective mood ...after attending one of the most beautiful and positive funeral services this afternoon.

Although I did not know the person who had passed away (it was a relative of a close friend of mine), it was clearly evident how much love she had shared with others during her time on this earth. Her spirit filled the room through those who loved and cherished her. It made me feel sad that I had only heard of her, rather than knowing her in person. It made me feel greatful for being allowed to join in on the celebration of her life.

People without agendas...those who are genuiune, are a rarity. Those of us who have the fortune of meeting these people along the way have found a true gift. I've been lucky...I've encountered several of these people in my life so far, and it has made me take a hard look at myself.

I think I'd wish to be remembered as a decent human being; a good friend; confidante; lover of life.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

When I pass on I want people to look at each other and say "who WAS that bitch!?" and I say 'bitch' in the good way (is there any other?).

No really, I have thought about this a lot lately for obvs reasons and with a few exceptions there is little about myself I would change. Not that I'm perfect but I think I'm genuinely true to myself. Therefore honest and true to others...

I think I need to be more patient though... I'll try to work on that one for a while.

M