If you look the word up in the dictionary, I bet that Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's photo will be nearby. In my opinion he is despicable.
I'll be the first to admit, I've voted for him...and sadly because of his party affiliation and not on his merits. That will be the last time I vote for that reason.
After the tyrannious reign of Governor George Ryan, our state had (and me too) had enough of the crooked Illinois "political machine." It always seemed that Ryan hid years of misdeeds behind his watery old eyes and smirky smile. Sadly, what we got a short time later, was more of the same.
Although I am not a fan of Ryan's wrongs, what he did, seems to pale in comparison to the latest baffoon.
During a time where our state should be celebrating President-elect Obama's historical win, we're now having to focus on a man who cares about no one but himself. Someone who has spent his days in office (mind you not in the Governor's mansion in Springfield...which btw, he's managed to close down any profitable tourist attraction in the area...but in his warm and cozy home on the NW side of Chicago) calculating his next payday.
How dare he? How dare he disgrace a state of honest, hardworking people? How dare he try to withdraw eight million dollars of funds to aid poor children? How DARE he think that he was above the law?
In a time where our economy is in the toilet...in a time where people are losing there jobs as the minutes turn into hours...in a time where all we want is a glimmer of hope...he's sitting on his high horse, allegedly surrounded by sunshine...plotting and scheming ways to better his economic and political standing and throwing people under the bus at whim.
I'm sick of it...and I know the large majority in my state feel the same way.
Leave.
Go.
Resign, you useless bastard.
We don't need your kind here.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment